Terms may be changed without prior notice. Please see your agreement at the time of hire.
1. IN no event shall the vehicle be used, operated or driven for the carriage of persons for hire or reward whether express or implied: By a person who is less than 23 years of age (or as otherwise endorsed on the policy) or more than 65 years of age (unless prior written approval has been given or who has given) to the Owner any false or fictitious particulars. Knowingly for any unlawful purpose. To propel or tow any vehicle. For racing, pace-making, reliability trials, speed testing or driving tuition. By a person except the hirer, or such person or persons as are named overleaf being over 23 years of age (or as otherwise endorsed on the policy) and holding a full British licence for at least 24 months (or as otherwise endorsed on the policy) and having the hirer's prior consent, or a motor repairer in the event of an accident or breakdown. To carry a greater number of passengers and/or more baggage than is recommended by the manufacturer. After the expiry of the period of hire as stated or, Outside the United Kingdom without the express written approval and authorization of the Owner.
2. THE Hirer will return the vehicle to the Owner's address shown overleaf on the date shown overleaf or earlier as demanded by the Owner together with all tires tools accessories and equipment in the same condition as when received (ordinary wear and tear excepted) provided however that the Hirer observing the terms of this Agreement in all respects shall not be liable for loss or damage to the vehicle except that the hirer is liable to account to the owner for all and any of the proceeds of insurance which become due and payable pursuant to the insurance provided here-under by the owner and if the hirer has not elected to pay an extra premium to avoid the excess the Hirer shall be responsible for the payment of any collision damage excess.
3. THE Hirer shall not use the vehicle if any damage or fault shall arise so as to make the vehicle un-roadworthy or liable to cause danger to any person or property until such damage or fault has been repaired or corrected. In the event of any such fault arising which can be repaired at a total cost of less than £10, the Hirer shall either return the vehicle to the Owner or authorize the carrying out of such repair by a reputable and properly qualified motor repairer. Authorization for the expenditure in excess of £10 must be obtained from the Owner prior to commencement of the repair. The Hirer shall not without the Owner's consent permit or authorize repairs to the vehicle at a total cost exceeding £10 or suffer any lien to be placed upon it and will pay for any and all charges in connection with any such authorized repairs. The Hirer shall inform the Owner as soon as reasonably possible of any fault to the vehicle requiring repair or of the carrying out of any repair to the vehicle as aforesaid.
4. NEITHER the Hirer nor any other driver of the vehicle shall be or be deemed to the agent servant or employee of Owner for any reason or for any purpose.
5. THE Owner shall provide the minimum Third party Only cover as required under the Road Traffic Act 1988 (as amended) for the benefit of the Hirer and others of age 23 (or as otherwise endorsed on the policy), holding a full British Licence for 24 months (or as otherwise endorsed on the policy) and driving with his prior consent and named by the Hirer overleaf. The Hirer agrees to comply with and be bound by all the terms conditions limitations and restrictions of such a policy as if here full set forth including any of same not specifically mentioned herein. Such a policy, a copy of which may be inspected at the Office of the Owner shall (subject to the requirements of the Road Traffic Acts as amended) not apply:
To any obligation for which the Hirer or any driver of the vehicle or the employer of either or any insurance carrier may be held liable under any workmen's compensation or disability benefit, or similar law. To any obligation assumed by the Hirer or any driver under any express or of implied contract apart from this Rental Agreement. To any liability of the Hirer or any driver or any employee of either arising while the vehicle is being used in violations of any of the limitations set forth in Paragraph 1 above or, To medical payments required by persons sustaining injuries while riding or alighting from or getting into or on the vehicle.
6. THE Hirer shall be liable as owner of the vehicle in respect of :-(a) any of the following offences which may be committed in-relation to that vehicle when it is stationary and when a fixed penalty notice is issued: being on a road during the hours of darkness without the lights or reflectors required by law; or being left or parked, or being loaded or unloaded in a road; being used or kept on a public road within the meaning of the vehicles (Excise) Act 1971 without a licence under the Act being exhibited on the vehicle in the manner prescribed under the Act; and the non-payment of the charge made at a street parking place; and(b) any of the offences or any excess charge pursuant to Sections 1-6 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (as amended).
7. THE Hirer shall immediately report to the Owner any accident in which the vehicle is involved and shall deliver to the Owner or its insurer if so directed by the Owner every process pleading or notice or paper pf any kind received by the Hirer or the vehicle relating to any claim suit or proceeding connected with any such accident or event involving the vehicle. Neither the Hirer nor any driver of the vehicle shall aid or abet the assertion of any such claim suit or proceeding and shall co-operate fully with the Owner and its insurer in investigating and defending the same.
8. THE Hirer shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner from and against any and all losses liabilities damages injuries claims demands costs and expenses arising out of or connected with the possession or use of the vehicle during the rental term (except those covered by the insurance provided here-under by the Owner) and cause by negligence or non-observance of the terms of Agreement on the part of the hirer or his drivers, agents or employees including but limited to any and all claims of liabilities to third parties arising out of the abandonment conversion secretion concealment or unauthorized disposal by the Hirer or his drivers agents or employees or the confiscation of the vehicle by any government authority or improper use of the said vehicle.
9. THE Owner shall not be liable for loss or damage to any property of the Hirer or any other person which may have been in or on the vehicle either before or after its return to the Owner whether or not related to the negligence of the Owner or agents servants or employees. The Hirer shall assume all risk of such loss or damage waive all claims therefor against the Owner and indemnify and hold the Owner harmless from all claims arising out of such loss or damage.
10. NOTWITHSTANDING the period of hire shown overleaf: The owner may demand the return of the vehicle at any time, save that such a demand is not to be made without reasonable cause. Upon the return of the vehicle pursuant to such a demand, the hirer shall not be liable for any charges in respect of the remainder of the hire period;The owner may repossess the vehicle 48 hours after the demand, if the vehicle has not been returned in that time, or sooner, if in the owner's reasonable judgement demand may not be complied with. The owner shall not be liable for any loss or damage which the hirer may sustain as a result of such demands and/or repossessions.
11. THE Hirer will pay to the Owner all time mileage service minimum and other charges entered overleaf at the rates shown or computed as provided in this Rental Agreement. If the Hirer has directed charges to be billed to another person and such person shall fail to make payment the Hirer acknowledges personal liability for and shall pay such charges on demand. The Owner may retain the advance deposit provided overleaf to cover any amount due or which might become due hereunder.
12. IN the event of default in the payment of any amount due to the Owner under terms of the Agreement and if this account is placed in the hands of an agency or solicitor for collection or legal action the Hirer agrees to pay in addition to the amount due here-under all costs of collection including agency and solicitor's fees and court fees.
13. THE number of miles for which the vehicle has been driven under this Rental Agreement shall be determined by reading the standard mileage recording device attached to the vehicle by the manufacturer. If this device fails through mechanical breakdown the mileage charges shall be computed from full particulars in regard to the use to which the vehicle has been put during the period of hire which the Hirer shall furnish to the Owner on demand. If the device shall fail to function because its seals have been tampered with or broken by any person or due to a cause other than mechanical breakdown the Hirer shall pay for repair of the unit of replacement of the seal as the case may be and also a reasonable vehicle charge calculated in accordance with the information available to the Owner regarding the use of the vehicle and charges raised in the rental cases appearing to the Owner to be of similar character (in lieu of the charge calculated as above).
14. THE Hirer agrees that any mis-statement herein contained or any breach of any provision of agreement will authorize the Owner forthwith to repossess the rental vehicle by use of any lawful means.
15. THE Hirer is responsible for the theft of the rented vehicle unless keys are removed and doors locked.
16. Prices includes VAT, INSURANCE and 100 Miles Free Per Day (10 pence + Vat Per mile after that)
17. Any Cancellations with 48 Hours notice. (Ask for details)
No cancellation on 9 seater & 17 seater Minibus bookings.
18. Short Notice Bookings are not subject to cancellation.
19. £200 Refundable Deposit (Required). The £200 deposit is a Pre-Authorization. Money never comes out of your bank account. We just freeze the money & it will be unfrozen automatically once you return the van in 3-5 working days. We won't be able cancel the freeze straight away after your return. Sometimes it shows that the money left your account, but after 3-5 working days the transaction disappear from your statement. It may take few more days depend on the Bank.
20. Customer should return the van in the same condition they collect it. If the van is dirty then they should clean it before returning it back or there will be cleaning charges